Tuesday, September 27, 2011

May 10, 2011 "Graduation."

Graduation. Bittersweet. Ending. Beginning. Lost. Gained.So many emotions can fill in one day. I will be graduating high school this Saturday. I am not sure how to feel. For four years, I have been longing … ITCHING for the day I grab my diploma and leave this town under my squealing tires. But as the day approaches, I begin to see all the things I will miss. I will miss my family, no matter how much I complain about them. I will miss the teachers that cut me slack and care about me as a person. I will miss the stupid boys in my class and their carefree attitude and how many time they make me laugh every day. I will miss the girls in my class, how they understand who I am and can appreciate my humor and personality. I will miss my church and TEC family and the support and love they have given me through the years. I will miss my dogs, how they brighten every day and can understand my feelings better than I can some days. I will miss my bed, my own room, my posters, my closet, my driveway, my garage, my decorations, my computer, my tv, my bathroom; If you know me at all, you know that I complain about this house a lot, but I want to take it all back. I love this house. It’s the longest I’ve lived in one place in a while, and it has become home. It breaks my heart to have to pack up and leave again. When I come to visit on weekends and vacations, it will not be to a home, it will be to a house. I will miss my community, who has supported my acting and has been great to this school for years.
This Saturday, May 14, I will no longer be a high school student. I will be well on my way to adulthood. Describe Graduation in one word.
Graduation. Bittersweet. Ending. Beginning. Lost. Gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment